NZ Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support
2018 intake dates: 11 Jan, 22 Feb, 22 Mar, 24 May, 21 Jun, 23 Aug, 13 Sept, 29 Nov, 6 Dec
This one-year programme will equip you with technical knowledge and hands-on experience in technical support. You will be able to pursue an IT career or move on to further study.
Content & delivery
Delivered by: Concordia Institute of Business
You will gain skills in computer systems, application and system software, and network support and configuration in a New Zealand IT environment. You will learn to develop basic computer applications, administer databases and gain an understanding of user support standards. New Zealand's professional, legal, and ethical principles and practices are also covered.
Learning will be delivered using a blended (face to face) learning approach and you will be encouraged to engage with your fellow students and tutors in class and via your online learning portal. You will be supported throughout the process by our great facilitators who are professionally qualified and have industry and academic experience to share with you.
There are six modules that include the following topics:
- Modern Data Communications
- Applied Communications
- Systems and Applications Support
- Systems Installation and Maintenance
- Application Design and Development
- Database Development and Design
On completion of this programme
Graduates will be able to demonstrate an understanding, knowledge and skills in computer systems, application and system software and networks support and configuration in the New Zealand IT environment. They will:
- Show the necessary knowledge and skills to develop basic computer applications and administer databases.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current user support standards, professional, legal, and ethical principles and practices in New Zealand.
To enter this course, you will need:
- A Certiﬁcate in Computing Level 3 or 4; or
- Successful completion of New Zealand Year 12 secondary schooling; or international equivalent; and/or appropriate related work experience.
Please contact Aspire2 International for more details.
If you are coming from overseas, to enter this course you must:
- Be 17 years of age or older *For Auckland campus only. 18+ for other campuses (Tauranga and Christchurch)
- provide evidence of an IELTS overall band score of at least 5.5 (Academics), with no individual band less than 5.0; or Pearson Test with overall score of 42-49; or pass our English Entry Test
First year fees (New Zealand Diploma in IT Technical Support Current Level 5):
- Tuition - $16250
- Resource - $1750
- Registration - $250
- Insurance (14 months) - $550
- Bank fee - $50
Total 1st year - $18850
Second year fees (NZ Diploma in Systems Administration Level 6):
- Tuition - $11000
- Resource - $750
- Insurance - $300
Total 2nd year - $12050
Total fees for two years - $30900
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up
"I wanted to get into the IT industry in New Zealand and I thought that gaining a diploma from a prestigious NZQA-accredited provider like Aspire2 would help me achieve it. I really enjoyed studying there. The Aspire2 Work team helped to get me interviews and an internship and now I have a dream job in I.T. security - all because of their help."
I was an IT professional in my home country with seven years’ experience, but I had no formal qualification. I wanted to study overseas and began researching colleges in Auckland. After receiving 15 offer letters from various providers I finally decided on Aspire2 International. It was a great decision! Now I work for Datacom!