Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
2017 intake dates: 30 Nov, 7 Dec
The Graduate Diploma in IT one-year programme gives you an integrated approach to developing expertise as an IT professional. Individual subjects are important, but the way they work together is critical. Equipped with this knowledge, you will be eligible for positions such as project manager, software architect or developer, website administration or network engineer.
Content & delivery
Delivery by: Concordia Institute of Business
With the growing need to understand technology today, this programme will enable you to experience the systems development process and learn to integrate and build on the other two papers presented each term.
Learning will be delivered using a blended (face to face) learning approach and you will be encouraged to engage with your fellow students and tutors in class and via your online learning portal.
You will be supported throughout the process by our great facilitators who are professionally qualified and have industry and academic experience to share with you.
- Systems Development Integration 1, 2, 3
- Industry Project
Standard GradDipIT (no specialisation)
- Programming 1: C# or Java
- Programming 2: C# or Java
- Database Design and Development
- Networking and Operating Systems
On completion of this programme:
Graduates will have:
- Developed the interpersonal skills required to work effectively either independently or as a member of a team;
- Demonstrated an ability to operate knowledgeably, productively and professionally in an information technology environment;
- Demonstrated an ability to think critically, and to evaluate and apply existing knowledge to meeting requirements and solving actual problems in the field of information technology;
- Acquired degree level knowledge and skills in specific areas of information technology, namely project planning and management and system development methodologies
- Acquired degree level knowledge and skills in other areas of information technology as determined by the standard or specialised courses taken by students.
Graduates will also have grounding in technical and commercial issues that will allow them to set this specialised knowledge in context.
To be admitted to this programme of study, a candidate shall either have completed a bachelor’s degree or a qualification at level 7 or above, worth at least 120 credits, or have gained approval under special admission criteria approved by the Aspire2 International Academic Board.
If you are coming from overseas, to enter this course you must also:
- be 20 years of age or older
- provide evidence of an IELTS overall band score of at least 6.0 (Academic), with no individual band less than 5.5; or
- have a Pearson Test with overall score of 50 and above; or
- pass our English Entry Test (for limited nationalities only).
- Tuition - $17250
- Resource - $1750
- Registration - $1250
- Insurance (14 months) - $550
- Bank fee - $50
Total - $20850
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up
"Fonefix Limited has been involved with the Aspire2 Work programme for the past 2 years. We’ve found the programme to suit our needs very well, enabling us to bring suitably qualified internship candidates into our business for a 3 month period, which benefits both Fonefix and the intern. Some interns have successfully moved into full employment with us, others have moved onto other opportunities, having gained valuable practical experience in the technology industry."
"I wanted to get into the IT industry in New Zealand and I thought that gaining a diploma from a prestigious NZQA-accredited provider like Aspire2 would help me achieve it. I really enjoyed studying there. The Aspire2 Work team helped to get me interviews and an internship and now I have a dream job in I.T. security - all because of their help."
I was an IT professional in my home country with seven years’ experience, but I had no formal qualification. I wanted to study overseas and began researching colleges in Auckland. After receiving 15 offer letters from various providers I finally decided on Aspire2 International. It was a great decision! Now I work for Datacom!