NZ Diploma in Business
Strands: Accounting, Administration & Technology and Leadership & Management
2018 intake dates: 11 Jan, 22 Feb, 22 Mar, 24 May, 21 Jun, 23 Aug, 13 Sept, 29 Nov, 6 Dec
Understanding the fundamentals of business – accounting, technology, leadership and more – will give you a good foundation for your career in business. The course focuses on developing your business knowledge and skills to open opportunities for employment in the business world, or for further study.
Once you have completed this programme there are many employment pathways open to you:
With the Accounting strand, you will have the skills and knowledge to be employed in accounting roles.
With the Administration and Technology strand, you will have the skills and knowledge to work in a wide variety of administration roles.
With the Leadership and Management strand, you will have the skills and knowledge to work at an operational level within business entities.
Content & delivery
Delivered by: Concordia Institute of Business
This qualification will equip you with a broad range of practical business, leadership, and relationship skills and knowledge. You can study a combination of core and elective papers to make sure you are qualified for your choice of role.
Learning will be delivered using a blended (face to face) learning approach and you will be encouraged to engage with your fellow students and tutors in class and via your online learning portal.
You will be supported throughout the process by our great facilitators who are professionally qualified and have industry and academic experience to share with you.
- Business Marketing
- Organisational Communication
- Intro to Business in New Zealand
- Accounting Strand:
- Accounting Controls
- Budgeting and Taxation
- Accounting Processes
- Administrative and Technology Strand:
- Technology in Business
- Business System Administration
- Business Functions
- Leadership and Management Strand:
- Managing People
- Operational Management
On completion of this programme
Graduates will have the skills required to integrate well into New Zealand organisations and contribute confidently within a range of organisation frameworks and functions.
They will be able to:
- Illustrate the ability to use accounting software for businesses and payroll software in the work place
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of concepts, academic theories and models underpinning managerial accounting, financial accounting taxation, audit and assurance, and financial management
- Think critically and systematically about business problems and issues and propose solutions
- Analyse and make recommendations in respect of business financial issues and submission of capital investment reports
This course is open to anyone aged 17 and over.
You must hold a Certificate in Business Level 3 or 4; or completion of New Zealand Year 12 secondary schooling; or international equivalent; and/or appropriate work experience.
If you are coming from overseas, to be eligible for this course you must:
- be 17 years of age or older
- provide evidence of an IELTS overall band score of at least 5.5 (Academics), with no individual band less than 5.0; or Pearson Test with overall score of 42-49; or pass our English Entry Test
First year fees:
- Tuition - $16250
- Resource - $1750
- Registration - $250
- Insurance (14 months) - $550
- Bank fee - $50
Total 1st year - $18850
Second year fees (NZ Diploma in Business Level 6):
- Tuition - $11000
- Resource - $750
- Insurance - $300
Total 2nd year - $12050
Total fees for two years - $30900
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up