2019 intake dates: 9 Jan, 20 Feb, 20 Mar, 22 May, 19 Jun, 21 Aug, 11 Sep, 27 Nov, 4 Dec
This programme is intended for people with prior qualifications or experience in business management.
This course will help you acquire the knowledge and skills to pursue managerial roles in specific business sectors within New Zealand, internationally or for further studies in Business Management.
Content & delivery
Delivered by: Aspire2 International Business & Technology
Develop specialised skills to launch your career in the industry of your choice.
This programme has two components:
Compulsory – You will gain the fundamental concepts and skills you need in basic business management and planning, to deliver workable business solutions. Skills include people management, organisational behaviour, marketing and business communication, applied accounting, budgeting and strategic operational management.
Specialisation – You will focus on a specific area of business management, consisting of two modules, in your area of interest.
You must study all core papers plus two papers from your area of specialisation.
Core papers: You must study all these papers:
- DAM761 Managing People and Organisational Behaviour
- DAM661 Business and Marketing Communication
- DAM561 Applied Accounting and Budgeting
- DAM762 Strategic Operational Management
Specialisation Strands: Both papers from your stand choice must be completed:
- TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- DAM792 Tourism and Hospitality Management Fundamentals
- DAM793 Tourism & Hospitality Industry Strategic Management
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- DAM783 Managing Projects
- DAM784 Project Quality Assurance
- RETAIL MANAGEMENT
- DAM779 Functions of Retail Management
- DAM780 Retail Customer Orientation
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
- DAM787 Information Systems Project Management
- DAM788 Information Systems within Organisations
On completion of this programme
Graduates of this qualification may undertake further study towards degree programmes across a number of business disciplines or towards professional qualifications at a range of tertiary institutions both within New Zealand and abroad.
Graduates of this qualification will have a firm understanding of core business concepts coupled with practical application skills acquired through their specialisations strands, research and acquired knowledge. They will be able to work effectively in professional entry to mid-level management roles across a large range of sectors in established and start-up organisations with both large and small organisational contexts.
Graduates will gain the skills required to integrate into New Zealand organisations and contribute confidently within a range of organisational frameworks and functions.
They will be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of business management concepts underpinning the functional areas of strategic management, accounting and finance, business communication, marketing management, organisational behaviour, and people management.
You must have successfully completed an undergraduate degree or higher, or if you do not have a formal qualification be able to provide evidence of equivalent practical, professional or educational experience.
You must have gained approval from the Academic Board for special admission and have attained the age of 20 years
If you are coming from overseas, a candidate for the admission to this programme of study shall:
- be 18 years of age or older
- provide evidence of an IELTS overall band score of at least 6.0 (Academic), with no individual band less than 5.5; or
- have a Pearson Test with overall score of 50 and above; or
- pass our English Entry Test (for limited nationalities only).
- Tuition - $18250
- Resource - $1750
- Registration - $250
- Insurance (14 months) - $550
- Bank fee - $50
- Total - $20850
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up