Graduate Diploma in Applied Management
Specialisation: Retail Management, Information Technology Management, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Project Management
2017 intake dates: 12 Jan, 23 Feb, 23 Mar, 6 Apr, 25 May, 22 Jun, 24 Aug, 14 Sep, 30 Nov, 7 Dec
This year long programme offers you the opportunity to gain a higher level business qualification, with a specialisation in a sought-after area. It will provide you with an understanding of the New Zealand business environment and practices. With this qualification, you may apply for a professional position, or go on to further study.
Content & delivery
Delivered by: Concordia Institute of Business
Develop specialised skills to launch your career in the industry of your choice.
This programme has two components:
Compulsory – You will gain the fundamental concepts and skills you need in basic business management and planning, to deliver workable business solutions. Skills include people management, organisational behaviour, marketing and business communication, applied accounting, budgeting and strategic operational management.
Specialisation – You will focus on a specific area of business management, consisting of two modules, in your area of interest.
You must study all core papers plus two papers from your area of specialisation.
Core papers: You must study all these papers:
- Managing People and Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing Concepts and Business Communication
- Applied Accounting and Budgeting
- Strategic Operational Management
Specialisation Strands: Both papers from your stand choice must be completed:
- Retail Management:
- Retail Customer Orientation
- Information Technology Management:
- Information Systems Project Management
- Information Systems within Organisations
- Tourism and Hospitality Management:
- Tourism and Hospitality Management Fundamentals
- Tourism & Hospitality Industry Strategic Management
- Project Management:
- Managing Projects
- Project Quality Assurance
Once you have completed this Graduate Diploma, you will be ready to take on general management roles in the area you choose. Your choice of areas of specialisation will lead you into the industry of your choice.
To gain admission to this programme, you must
- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold an undergraduate degree or higher, or
- Give evidence of relevant practical, educational or professional experience
For international students
If you are coming from overseas, to gain admission you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- provide evidence of an IELTS overall band score of at least 6.0 (Academics), with no individual band less than 6.0; or
- the equivalent in an internationally recognised English language test
- Tuition - $
- Resource - $
- Registration - $
- Insurance (14 months) - $
- Bank fee - $
- Total - $
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up
"I initially just came to Ntec for a short English language course but I liked the environment so much I decided to stay on for further studies. Studying here is quite different from studying in Russia! I really enjoyed my Diploma studies, especially the marketing segment and the final project."