Diploma in Business
Fast track your way into the business world
2018 intake dates: 11 Jan, 22 Feb, 22 Mar, 24 May, 21 Jun, 23 Aug, 13 Sept, 29 Nov, 6 Dec
Enhance your business career or continue with graduate level studies with this one-year programme. You will be recognised by employers, educational institutions and the community as a positive contributor to business enterprise and industry.
You may go on to further study towards a degree or professional qualifications at a range of tertiary institutions both in New Zealand and abroad.
Content & delivery
Delivered by: Concordia Institute of Business
You will gain in-depth understanding of the concepts, theories and models that underpin a range of essential business functions.
You will manage and complete a business project, and report using concepts previously covered within the programme. In a project report, you will analyse business problems and make recommendations.
Learning will be delivered using a blended (face to face) learning approach and you will be encouraged to engage with your fellow students and tutors in class and via your online learning portal.
You will be supported throughout the process by our great facilitators who are professionally qualified and have industry and academic experience to share with you.
- Strategic Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Communication
- Marketing Management
- Organisational change
- Business Project
- Finance for Managers
On completion of this programme
Graduates will gain the skills required to integrate well into New Zealand organisations and contribute confidently within a range of organisational frameworks and functions.
They will be able to:
- Illustrate the ability to use accounting software for businesses and payroll software in the work place
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of concepts, academic theories and models underpinning managerial accounting, financial accounting taxation, audit and assurance, and financial management
- Think critically and systematically about business problems and issues and propose solutions
- Analyse and make recommendations in respect of business financial issues and submission of capital investment reports.
You must have successfully completed a Diploma programme of at least Level 6.
If you don’t have formal qualifications but you have at least two years appropriate managerial experience, your application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please include a reference letter from your employer with your application.
If you are coming from overseas, to be eligible for this course you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have an IELTS overall band score of at least 6.0 (Academic), with no individual band less than 5.5; or
- have a Pearson Test with overall score of 50 and above; or
- pass our English Entry Test (for limited nationalities only).
If you are enrolling for the Diploma in Business Level 7, you can concurrently complete the final year of University of Northampton’s BA (Hons) Business and Management.
- Tuition - $17250
- Resource - $1750
- Registration - $250
- Insurance (14 months) - $550
- Bank fee - $50
Total - $19850
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up