Diploma in Business Management (with specialisations)
Specialisations: Small to Medium Enterprise Management, Information Technology Management, Tourism and Hospitality
2017 intake dates: 12 Jan, 23 Feb, 23 Mar, 6 Apr, 25 May, 22 Jun, 24 Aug, 14 Sep, 30 Nov, 7 Dec
If you have prior business management experience and you want to specialise, this is an excellent opportunity for up-skilling. The course runs over two years, and you can enter the second year directly if you have a relevant qualifiation.
Content & delivery
Delivered by: National Institute of Education and Concordia Institute of Business
This internationally recognised qualification will equip you with the skills to take on a role in business management, administration or planning, with an in-depth understanding of all areas of business, including leadership, communication, marketing operations and systems. Specialist streams give you opportunities in business ownership, information technology or tourist operations.
The programme consists of three components:
1. Core papers: These are aimed at building the fundamental concepts and skills required to deliver workable business solutions for organisations. You get taught the basics of business planning during the first year and business strategic planning along with applications during the second year.
2. Specialisation Papers: These papers allow you to specialise in a specific area of business management.
Areas of Specialisations:
- Small to Medium Enterprises Management
- Information Technology
- Tourism and Hospitality
Learning will be delivered using a blended (face to face) learning approach and you will be encouraged to engage with your fellow students and tutors in class and via your online learning portal.
You will be supported throughout the process by our great facilitators who are professionally qualified and have industry and academic experience to share with you.
Core papers- You must study at least six of the following papers:
- Small Business Conceptual Issues
- International Trade and Finance
- Accounting Principles
- Operations Management
- Managerial Finance
- Marketing Management
- Corporate Strategy and Planning
- Strategic Marketing
- Managing in Organisations
- Strategic Human Resource Management
Elective papers ( area of specialisation)
- Small to Medium Enterprises:
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in SMEs
- Organisational Management and Leadership
- Information Technology Management:
- Information Systems Project Management
- Information Systems for SMEs
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Fundamentals of Tourism and Hospitality
- Strategic Operations in Tourism and Hospitality
On completion of this programme
Graduate will have the skills and knowledge needed to integrate well into New Zealand organisations and contribute confidently within a range of organisational frameworks and functions. They will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of concepts underpinning human resource management and planning, leadership, business communication, finance, innovation and entrepreneurship, marketing, operations management, and business systems.
- Pursue professional positions in the area of business and management with the knowledge and skills to be able to work in specialised areas of small to medium business, information technology, tourism and hospitality or pursue higher studies.
- Apart from pursuing higher studies, graduates of the various specialiations will have the knowledge and skills to pursue a career pathway in the following areas:
Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) – becoming entrepreneurs, small to medium business owners or managers
Information Technology – securing a professional position in business offering information technology services
Tourism and Hospitality – securing a professional position in business operating within the tourism and hospitality industry.
You must have successfully completed a Diploma course of at least Level 5.
If you don’t have formal qualifications but you have at least two years appropriate managerial experience, your application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please include a reference letter from your employer with your application.
If you are coming from overseas, to be eligible for this course you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have an IELTS overall band score of at least 6.0 (Academic), with no individual band less than 5.5; or
- Pearson Test with overall score of 50 and above; or
- pass our English Entry Test.
First year fees:
- Tuition - $17250
- Resource - $1750
- Registration - $250
- Insurance (14 months) - $550
- Bank fee - $50
- Total 1st year - $19850
Second year fees:
- Tuition - $9000
- Resource - $750
- Insurance - $300
- Total 2nd year - $10050
Total fees for two years - $29900
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up
"Since March 2016 we have been inducting hospitality students from Aspire2 International. The students have been successful in attending our Ice Events Workplace Training. Some of the students have since been offered a contract with Ice Events for Casual Temp roles with our clients. We cater VIP events. The students we have from Aspire2 International have been absolutely wonderful. Good communication skills, good attendance and punctual. "
"Fonefix Limited has been involved with the Aspire2 Work programme for the past 2 years. We’ve found the programme to suit our needs very well, enabling us to bring suitably qualified internship candidates into our business for a 3 month period, which benefits both Fonefix and the intern. Some interns have successfully moved into full employment with us, others have moved onto other opportunities, having gained valuable practical experience in the technology industry."