The LCQ is legally required for everyone who will be serving alcohol in the hospitality business
LCQ is the prescribed qualification which is required to demonstrate that those applying for, or renewing, their Manager’s Certificate have received recent and relevant training as set out in the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012. This is a nationally recognised qualification which was developed by ServicelQ, the Industry Training Organisation for New Zealand’s hospitality industry.
When you receive your LCQ Certificate, you can then apply for your Manager’s Certificate through the District Licensing Committee (the liquor licensing section of your local city or district council).
What you will learn
The LCQ is a certificate that shows you have knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act (2012), and the host responsibility skills to be a manager of a licenced premises. If you work as a manager of a licenced premises, you need to hold the LCQ, and any people have it, even if they’re not a manager.
- The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and its implications for licensed premises
- Management of alcohol and intoxication in licensed premises as a Duty Manager
- The responsibilities and requirements for alcohol service in licensed premises as a Duty Manager
- The maintenance of a safe drinking environment as a Duty Manager
Participants must be able to demonstrate competence in written English to successfully complete the assessment for this course.
- Aged 18 years or over
- English at Intermediate level or higher
- NZQA unit standard 4646: The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and its implications for licensed premises (2 credits)
- NZQA unit standard 16705: Host responsibility requirements as a duty manager of licensed premises (3 credits)
- All Aspire2 International students (Diploma or English students who study 12 weeks and above): $200
- NZDHML5, DBML7 (THM): Free
2 day course (Sat & Sun 9.00am – 4.00pm)
- 10-Nov 11-Nov
- 24-Nov 25-Nov
- 8-Dec 9-Dec
Auckland - how to book
Email us to book: [email protected]
Or drop in and see us on campus payment at Aspire2 International, 20 Hobson Street, Tower C Ground Floor, Student Reception, Auckland CBD 1010