Designed to upskill hospitality students and increase their employment opportunities
Everyone is welcome to join, have some fun and learn a new skill!
A quality barista is the key ingredient to a successful café or restaurant. Hotels, bars, cafes and restaurants are keen to employ skilled baristas to provide excellent service. Our course gives candidates a comprehensive knowledge, including the history and evolution of coffee, espresso technology and recipes requested in today’s café society.
What you will learn
The barista course prepares students to work as baristas in cafes and restaurants. You will gain practical experience using a commercial espresso machine and will be encouraged to engage with your fellow students and tutor in the class. You will be supported throughout the process by our great facilitators who are professionally qualified and have industry experience to share with you.
- Prepare quality espresso beverages
- Understand how to make good coffee
- Prepare and clean necessary equipment
- Serve customers while practising proper etiquette
- Aged 16 years or over
- English at Intermediate level or higher
- Students complete one NZQA unit standard: 17288 Espresso Beverages for Service (5 credits)
- Service IQ Certificate of Achievement
- English Package (top up): $250
- NZDHML5, DBML7 (THM) (top up): $250
- All Aspire2 International students (Diploma or English students who study 12 weeks and above): $350
Course covers coursebook, NZQA NSN (National Student Number) registration and materials used on the course such as coffee and milk.
2 week course (Mon-Thurs, 5 - 8pm)
- FULLY BOOKED for 2018
Auckland - how to book
Email us to book: [email protected]
Or drop in and see us on campus payment at Aspire2 International, 20 Hobson Street, Tower C Ground Floor, Student Reception, Auckland CBD 1010