Diploma in Information Technology (Business IT)
2017 intake dates: 12 Jan, 23 Feb, 23 Mar, 6 Apr, 25 May, 22 Jun, 24 Aug, 14 Sep, 30 Nov, 7 Dec
The IT sector is growing rapidly throughout the world, and the need for highly skilled staff is a significant challenge for this industry.
Content & delivery
Delivered by: Queens Academic Group
This programme provides you with the skills to manage an organisation's information technology. You will be able to critically evaluate its IT capabilities and provide vision and strategies to accommodate changing technologies to gain competitive advantage.
Core papers: You must complete all of the following
- Organisation and Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Communication
- Applied Management
- Strategic Business IT in Organisations
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Logical Database and Techniques
- Contemporary IT Practice and Governance
- Object-oriented Paradigms
- Network and IT Security
Elective papers: You must complete any two of the following:
- Academic Skills for Business Studies
- Enterprise Systems and Business Process Modeling
- E-Commerce Strategies/ E-Business Implications
- Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- C++ Programming
On completion of this programme
Graduates will be able to work effectively within an IT environment, have the knowledge to contribute to decison making relating to an organisations IT.
Gradautes will be able to move into a wide variety of IT, IT-related or Business-related positions, including systems analysts and programmers, database and systems administrators, security specialists, network and support professionals.
To enter this course, you must have:
- Level 6 Diploma in Business or Diploma in Computing or equivalent skills/knowledge
If you are coming from overseas, to enter this course you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have an IELTS overall band score of at least 6.0 (Academics), no individual band less than 5.5 or
- Pearson Test with overall score of 50 and above
- For NZ students under 20, there are additional entry requirements. Please contact us for further information.
First year fees:
- Tuition - $17250
- Resource - $1750
- Registration - $250
- Insurance (14 months) - $550
- Bank fee - $50
Total 1st year - $19850
Second year fees:
- Tuition - $11000
- Resource - $750
- Insurance - $300
Total 2nd year - $12050
Total fees for two years - $31900
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up
"I wanted to get into the IT industry in New Zealand and I thought that gaining a diploma from a prestigious NZQA-accredited provider like Aspire2 would help me achieve it. I really enjoyed studying there. The Aspire2 Work team helped to get me interviews and an internship and now I have a dream job in I.T. security - all because of their help."
I was an IT professional in my home country with seven years’ experience, but I had no formal qualification. I wanted to study overseas and began researching colleges in Auckland. After receiving 15 offer letters from various providers I finally decided on Aspire2 International. It was a great decision! Now I work for Datacom!