2019 intake dates: 9 Jan, 20 Feb, 20 Mar, 22 May, 19 Jun, 21 Aug, 11 Sep, 27 Nov, 4 Dec
Start your management career in hospitality with this internationally recognised qualification.
Content & delivery
Delivered by: Aspire2 International Hospitality & Healthcare
In a year of study, you will gain the skills to work in a range of hospitality management roles, including commercial accommodation, food and beverage, facility utilisation, supply chain and human resources.
You will also obtain a Licence Controller Qualification as part of the programme.
In addition you will also achieve Certiﬁcates of Achievement issued by Service IQ (the Industry Training Organisation for hospitality):
- Food Safety
- Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ)
Core learning will be delivered using a blended (face to face) learning approach and you will be encouraged to engage with your fellow students and tutors in class and via your online learning portal. You will be supported throughout the process by our great facilitators who are professionally qualified and have industry and academic experience to share with you.
- Facility and Resource Management
- Team Management
- Managing Perishability and Market Fluctuations
- Creating Positive Customer Service Environment
- Staff Leadership Project: Building a Customer Service Team
- Operating Procedures in the Hospitality Industry
- Advanced Foods and Beverage Service Supervision
- Commercial Accommodation and Management
On completion of this programme
Graduates of this programme will be capable of leading a small team and/or managing a small business unit within a larger organisation. You will be able to:
- Apply management theory to operational situations as they arise.
- Provide high levels of customer service through the direct provision of operational service.
Success in this Diploma qualifies you to enter:
- NZ Diploma in Hospitality Management Level 6
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of International Hospitality Management
This course is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
If you are coming from overseas, to enter this course, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- provide evidence of an IELTS overall band score of at least 5.5 (Academic), with no individual band less than 5.0; or
- have a Pearson Test with overall score of 50 and above.
First year fees (New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management Level 5):
- Tuition - $16250
- Resource - $1750
- Registration - $250
- Insurance (14 months) - $550
- Bank fee - $50
Total 1st year - $18850
Second year fees (New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management Level 6):
- Tuition - $12000
- Resource - $750
- Insurance - $300
Total 2nd year - $13050
Total fees for two years - $31900
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up