Diploma in Health Services Management
Taking health care professionals to the next level
2018 intake dates: 11 Jan, 22 Feb, 22 Mar, 24 May, 21 Jun, 23 Aug, 13 Sept, 29 Nov, 6 Dec
If you are a health professional thinking of taking on management responsibilities, this one-year diploma takes a learner-focused collaborative approach and will improve your current level of qualification.
Content & delivery
Delivered by: Concordia Institute of Business
The diploma is divided into three learning blocks, each with sector-specific areas of study and that expose you to aspects of health promotion management and training. You will gain the knowledge, skills and understanding of the practices, theories and principles required to be an effective manager in healthcare or a related filed. You will study six papers that total 120 credits, including a 30 credit research paper.
Learning will be delivered using a blended (face to face) learning approach and you will be encouraged to engage with your fellow students and tutors in class and via your online learning portal.
You will be supported throughout the process by our great facilitators who are professionally qualified and have industry and academic experience to share with you.
The focus areas are
- Managing and Building Capacity in the Healthcare Sector
- Health Promotion in NZ
- Conducting Research on a NZ-based Health Care Project
On completion of this programme
Graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge, skills and understanding of the practices, theories and principles required to be effective managers in the health care sector or work in a professionally related field. They will also be:
- Equipped with the skills, attitudes and values required to be able to function as confident, independent and reflective professionals
- Lead to further study in the area of health services management, at degree level, post graduate level or relevant industry qualifications.
Graduates will be qualified to gain employment in New Zealand and internationally in a range of managerial roles in healthcare organisations and health services.
Positions open to graduates may include Health Care Facilities Supervisor, Healthcare Unit Co-ordinator or Manger, Residential Services Manager, Day Services Manager, Health and Welfare Services Manager, Community Health Coordinator and Health Promotions Manager.
To enter this course, you will need:
- A successful completion of a minimum of a Level 6 qualification or its equivalent; or at least three years’ work experience in a relevant sector, or
- Approval for special admission by the Academic Board.
If you are coming from overseas, to enter this course you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have IELTS 6.0 (Academic) over all, or the equivalent level of English.
- Tuition - $17250
- Resource - $1750
- Registration - $250
- Insurance (14 months) - $550
- Bank fee - $50
Total - $19850
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up