Master of Business Administration (Top-up)
2018 intake dates: 11 Jan, 22 Feb, 22 Mar, 24 May, 21 Jun, 23 Aug, 13 Sept, 29 Nov, 6 Dec
The Master of Business Administration is a globally recognised postgraduate qualification, perfect for ambitious, motivated graduates.
If you hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (or similar UK and international qualification) you can gain an MBA qualification in just one year.
Content & delivery
You will focus on thinking strategically within an organisation, recognising and exploiting opportunities, and developing strategies for managing change.
You will need two modules to top up your Post Graduate Diploma to an MBA. Instruction in management research techniques will help you meet the demands of the course assessment scheme and complete a business research project.
The programme is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills developed during previous postgraduate business or management study. The programme is demanding both in terms of the rigour and the associated workload and will require commitment and dedication from participants.
The MBA enables you to consider issues in an organisation wide or total business context. Skills in analysing business and organisational problems are emphasised.
You will complete the following modules in evening seminars, weekend research workshops, independent research and by working online.
- Critical Issues in Business (10 credits)
- Business Research Project (50 credits)
On completion of this programme
With a sound knowledge of the theories and techniques of management and increased confidence in dealing with other management professionals, your management competences will be significantly improved on completion leading to enhanced career progression opportunities.
Unlike other postgraduate programmes which provide in depth specialisation in a specific field, an MBA is interdisciplinary. An MBA exposes you to all areas of business including accounting, finance, marketing, and human resources.
- Those with an MBA dictate a high level of credibility as they are extremely confident and able to influence others
- Studying for an MBA will give you a chance to experiment with your approach to problem solving and develop your management and interpersonal skills; all essential abilities
- An MBA will provide great career prospects for graduates as the programme focuses on developing talent and producing future managers
- Obtaining an MBA will set you apart from others in the competitive jobs market
The skills you will obtain are certainly transferable to other roles, as evidenced by the MBA’s strong representation in other sectors:
- 10% of MBA graduates enjoy successful careers within industry
- 9% in healthcare
- 9% in public service
- 5% in energy
- 5% in the consumer goods sector
(Source: The Complete University Guide)
For admission into the top-up programme, you must have:
- A post-graduate diploma (level 8) in business or management, or an overseas equivalent (subject to review); AND
- A minimum of 2 years' managerial experience
If English is not your first language you must provide evidence that your use of English is equivalent to IELTS 6.5.
As this is a UK qualification and not on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, you will not be eligible for an international student visa.
- Tuition - $Please contact us
- Resource - $Please contact us
- Registration - $Please contact us
- Insurance (14 months) - $Please contact us
- Bank fee - $Please contact us
Total - $
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up