Master of Business Administration (MBA)
2017 intake dates: 30 Nov, 7 Dec
This Master of Business Administration programme has been designed to give you a thorough understanding of business and management processes, enabling you to develop as a practising manager, and help organisations improve their performance.
A globally recognised postgraduate qualification for ambitious, motivated professionals, this 18-month programme is demanding, so you will need to be fully committed.
It is also great for networking with professionals from a range of organisations, industries and countries. You will join a community of influential tutors, business professionals and MBA alumni.
Content & delivery
You’ll consider issues in an organisation-wide context, develop analytical skills and learn how to recognise and exploit opportunities. Developing strategies and plans for business or departmental improvement is a major theme.
This programme has been designed to give you a thorough understanding of business and management processes, enabling you to develop your effectiveness as practising managers and create opportunities to improve your business' performance.
Teaching is participative, enabling you to consider issues in an organisation wise context. Skills in analysing business and organisational problems are emphasised, as is the ability to recognise and exploit opportunities. The development of strategies and plans for business or departmental improvement is a major theme.
- Critical issues in business
- Management and organisational behaviour
- Strategic marketing
- Managing operations and the supply chain
- Competitive strategy and innovation
- Financial decision making
- International business negotiation
- Business research project
On completion of this programme
With a sound knowledge of the theories and techniques of management and increased confidence in dealing with other management professionals, your management competences will be significantly improved on completion leading to enhanced career progression opportunities.
Unlike other postgraduate programmes which provide in depth specialisation in a specific field, an MBA is interdisciplinary. An MBA exposes you to all areas of business including accounting, finance, marketing, and human resources.
- Those with an MBA dictate a high level of credibility as they are extremely confident and able to influence others
- Studying for an MBA will give you a chance to experiment with your approach to problem solving and develop your management and interpersonal skills; all essential abilities
- An MBA will provide great career prospects for graduates as the programme focuses on developing talent and producing future managers
- Obtaining an MBA will set you apart from others in the competitive jobs market
The skills you will obtain are certainly transferable to other roles, as evidenced by the MBA’s strong representation in other sectors:
- 10% of MBA graduates enjoy successful careers within industry
- 9% in healthcare
- 9% in public service
- 5% in energy
- 5% in the consumer goods sector
(Source: The Complete University Guide)
- You are expected to be a junior professional in a multi-national company, or wishing to start your own business.
- You will have a recognised undergraduate degree at 2nd Class Upper or 2nd Class Lower Honours.
- You must submit your reason for wanting to enrol in this course.
If English is not your first language you must provide evidence that your use of English is equivalent to IELTS 6.5.
As this is a UK qualification and not on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, you will not be eligible for an international student visa.
- Tuition - $Please contact us
- Resource - $Please contact us
- Registration - $Please contact us
- Insurance (14 months) - $Please contact us
- Bank fee - $Please contact us
Total - $
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up
"Studying at Aspire2 International was the ideal pathway into becoming a Registered Nurse here in New Zealand. I had total support from the staff and teachers at all times. Studying in a multicultural environment widened my perspective on life and helped me grow as a person. Aspire2 Work has friendly staff and counsellors who go the extra mile for their students."
I was an IT professional in my home country with seven years’ experience, but I had no formal qualification. I wanted to study overseas and began researching colleges in Auckland. After receiving 15 offer letters from various providers I finally decided on Aspire2 International. It was a great decision! Now I work for Datacom!
"Learning to control a remote control car with C language for my final project was a definite highlight. During my studies I worked part-time as a Cable Technician and received a lot of career support from the Aspire2 Work team. They helped me with a C.V. and even got me an internship at an electronics company - and that started my career."
"I have always wanted to be an Electronics Engineer. Studying at Aspire2 International helped me build my knowledge, gave me hands-on experience with electronic tools, and taught me about working in the electronics industry in New Zealand. They helped me get a 3 month internship and that experience helped me get my current role at PowerShield Solutions. Aspire2 jump-started my career."