2019 intake dates: 9 Jan, 20 Feb, 20 Mar, 22 May, 19 Jun, 21 Aug, 11 Sep, 27 Nov, 4 Dec
Enhance your accounting career with this year-long qualification, by learning about the New Zealand accounting environment. You will be recognised by employers, educational institutions and the community as a positive contributor to business enterprise and industry. This qualification can lead to further study in professional accountancy, or on to employment.
Content & delivery
Delivered by: Aspire2 International Business & Technology
You will gain the skills you need to contribute confidently within a range of organisational frameworks and functions. You will know how to use accounting and payroll software, and understand managerial and financial accounting, taxation, and financial management. You will learn to think critically about business issues, and propose solutions.
Learning will be delivered using a blended (face to face) learning approach and you will be encouraged to engage with your fellow students and tutors in class and via your online learning portal.
You will be supported throughout the process by our great facilitators who are professionally qualified and have industry and academic experience to share with you.
- Small business accounting
- Cost and management accounting
- Financial accounting
- Audit and Assurance
- Financial management
- The use of New Zealand financial software
On completion of this programme
Graduates will have the skills required to integrate well into New Zealand organisations and contribute confidently within a range of organisational frameworks and functions. They will be able to:
- Illustrate the ability to use accounting software for businesses and payroll software in the work place
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of concepts, academic theories and models underpinning managerial accounting, financial accounting taxation, audit and assurance, and financial management
- Think critically and systematically about business problems and issues and propose solutions
- Analyse and make recommendations in respect of business financial issues and submission of capital investment reports.
Graduates may progress to pursing an accountancy professional body membership in New Zealand or pursue an ACCA professional qualification.
Graduates may undertake further study towards degree and other programmes across a number of business disciplines.
You must have successfully completed a relevant Diploma Level 6, or have a bachelor degree or an overseas equivalent in accounting.
If you are coming from overseas, to be eligible for this course you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- provide evidence of an IELTS overall band score of at least 6.0 (Academic), with no individual band less than 5.5; or
- have a Pearson Test with overall score of 50 and above; or
- pass our English Entry Test (for limited nationalities only)
- Tuition - $17250
- Resource - $1750
- Registration - $250
- Insurance (14 months) - $550
- Bank fee - $50
Total - $19850
How to apply
- 1 Apply online
Receive an OOP
Offer of Place will give advice on programme fees, insurance, date and methods of payment
Sign one copy of the Offer of Place and return it, with full payment of all fees, by the due date
When we receive your fees, we will send you an official fee receipt
Apply for visa
Once your student visa is approved, we will arrange your accommodation (if you wish) and airport pick-up