Welcome to Aspire2 International’s Christchurch Campus, home of around 400 students from all over the world, who have come here to pursue study and careers in Business & Management, Marketing, Finance, IT, Software Engineers, Networking Administrators, Hospitality, Accounting, and Health Care Management.
Our friendly, supportive campus is the ideal place to launch your career, while making the most of the great lifestyle Christchurch and the Canterbury region provide. Just a short walk from the heart of the city, our students are part of a vibrant multicultural student community, with a wealth of opportunities for study, work and play. Love the outdoors? You’re in the right place! Everything is on your doorstep here, from skiing and mountain biking, to rafting and hiking.
Christchurch is an exciting place to be right now. The regeneration of the city is in full swing – each month new employment opportunities are opening up, and many large employers are moving back into the city centre. The city is buzzing and has been voted by the One Republic as one of the best places to live and visit. It’s easy to see why!
If you want a great study environment, an awesome lifestyle, and the buzz of city life (without the congestion!), Aspire2 International Christchurch is the place for you. We’ll help you settle into Kiwi life and support you to ensure you get the very best from your studies Down Under.
We look forward to meeting you!
Stuart Murray, Campus Manager
We offer the following NZQA-accredited programmes at our Christchurch Campus:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business Level 5
- New Zealand Diploma in Business Level 6
- Diploma in Business Management Level 7 – with specialisation in either: Small to Medium Enterprise or Information Technology or Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Diploma in Business Level 7
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Management – with specialisation in either: Retail Management, Information Technology, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Project Management
- Diploma in Accounting Level 7
- Diploma in Health Service Management Level 7
IT & Computing
- New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support Level 5
- New Zealand Diploma in Systems Administration Level 6
- Diploma in Computing with strands in Computer Networking & Software Development
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management Level 5
- New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management Level 6
English Language Programmes
Christchurch has a population of is 384,000 people, making it the largest city in the South Island and the second largest in New Zealand. You’ll see lots of major rebuilding projects here, with new bars, international restaurants and creative spaces appearing all over the city. This is great for students looking for part-time work in the tourism, hospitality and construction industries. Christchurch is also the gateway to all the amazing outdoor activities the South Island is famous for.
To find out more about this extraordinary part of New Zealand visit the i-SITE Visitor Centre on 9 Rolleston Ave (near the Canterbury Museum). Or check out these links:
289 Tuam Street,
Christchurch Central 8011
Business hours: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm (Weekdays) / Closed (Weekends)
Contact Number: 09 555 5490
Aspire2 International Christchurch is conveniently located at 289 Tuam Street in central Christchurch, close to a wide range of accommodation, food and public transport options.
Check out our Campus Galleries to see what it's like around campus.
Want to know more about studying at Aspire2 International in Christchurch?
Check out these frequently asked questions:
What sort of student support will I get on campus?
We are here to ensure you get all the support you need to be successful and happy in your studies. We have several different teams on campus who can assist you in a variety of ways including:
- Student Experience & Support Team – on hand to help with accommodation, payments, insurance, applying for IRD numbers, opening bank accounts and much more.
- Pastoral Care Team – here to make sure you are safe and properly cared for. Aspire2 International is a signatory to the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students, which is administered by New Zealand’s Ministry of Education to protect international students.
- IT Support – they create email IDs, issue laptops, provide printer/copy credentials, troubleshooting.
- Registry & Academic Operations Team – help with supporting documents, visas and insurance, scholarship applications, attendance, payments, academic related inquiries and support.
How will I get to and from campus?
Metro is the public transport service that operates buses in Christchurch. You can get an electronic ticket called a MetroCard from the bus exchange. It’s 25% cheaper than paying cash. http://www.metroinfo.co.nz/Pag...
The bus exchange is on Lichfield St and Colombo St, a ten-minute walk from campus.
What accommodation options do I have?
Christchurch offers a wide range of accommodation options for students including:
Hostels/backpackers – many students stay at a backpackers until they find permanent accommodation. There are several within walking distance of our campus.
- Urbanz - 273 Manchester St (15-minute walk)
- YHA Christchurch Backpackers - 36 Hereford St (20-minute walk)
- YMCA - 12 Hereford St (22-minute walk)
- Main Kiwi House - 373 Gloucester St (14-minute walk)
- Small Kiwi House - 357 Hereford St (10-minute walk)
Homestays – immerse yourself in Kiwi life living with a New Zealand family. All our homestay families have been inspected and approved by our accommodation agents. The cost is NZ$250 - $350 per week, including most meals, however many homestays are outside the central city, so transport costs will be higher.
Flatting – share a flat (an apartment or house) with others. You will usually have your own bedroom, but share the bathroom, kitchen, laundry and living areas. Average weekly rent in Christchurch is between $150 and $175 plus expenses (electricity, WiFi etc), or less if you share a bedroom. To see what is currently available take a look at: www.trademe.co.nz/flatmates-wa...
What are the local food options?
There are numerous cafes, restaurants and food outlets within walking distance of campus, as well as two supermarkets and a shopping mall.
- Countdown Moorhouse Ave - 347 Moorhouse Avenue (12-minute walk)
- PAK'nSAVE - 297 Moorhouse Avenue (15-minute walk)
- South City Shopping Centre - 555 Colombo Street (15-minute walk)
What if I need a doctor?
There are several medical centres in Christchurch. Moorhouse Medical Centre is a 15-minute walk from campus and Doctors on Cashel is a 20-minute walk.
- Moorhouse Medical Centre - 3 Pilgrim Place, Sydenham, Waltham - (03) 365 7900 - Open Daily (8am to 8pm)
- Doctors on Cashel - 7 Cashel Street, Christchurch Central - (03) 366 2578 - Open Mon to Fri (8am to 5pm)
Is there a public library near the campus?
Yes! Central Library Manchester is on the corner of Manchester and Allen Street. It’s open from 9am-6pm Monday to Friday and 10am-5pm on Saturdays (closed Sundays). You can join for free, just bring ID and proof of address. http://my.christchurchcitylibr...
Do I need insurance?
International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. It must include cover for student travel to and from New Zealand for the duration of time that the student is enrolled. We can arrange students' insurance through OrbitProtect (for more information go to www.orbitprotect.co.nz). For frequently asked questions about Orbit insurance check out this link - https://orbitprotect.com/en_NZ...